The Spanish Standardization and Certification Association- AENOR is a no-profit private entity founded in 1986.
Its activities contribute to the improvement of the quality and competitiveness of enterprises, products and services through the establishment of technical norms and certifications.
The entity is legally responsible for developing and spreading awareness of technical norms in Spain.
The Spanish Intertextile Council is a member of the AENOR with the Office of the Standardization Technical Committee AEN/CTN 40 “Textile Industries”, in charge of our sector’s Standardization, which has already produced 1,315 UNE norms.
- Fibers, yarns, folded yarns , cordage, fabrics and other manufactured textile products.
- Materials used by the textile industry, including any auxiliary materials required for the industrial processes.
- Machinery used in the textile and clothing industry, including spare parts and accessories.
- Size designation systems for clothing.
- Textile coating
- Technical textiles, regulating terminology, definition,classification, designation, technical features, testing. .
- Studies on the effect of fire on textile products.
- Sewing machines.
- Textile products manufactured exclusively for the safety of workers
- Textile products manufactured exclusively for medical use.
- Auxiliary products which, for their nature, could be used in unrelated industrial processes.
- Safety requirements of electronic parts.
The AEN/CTN 40 is comprised of the following Subcommittees (SC) and Task Groups (GT):SC1 Colour solidity and measurement
SC2 Physical testing
SC3 Technical textiles
SC5 Textile coating of floors and resilient flooring
SC6 Chemical testing of textile products
SC7 Knitted fabrics
SC8 Reaction of textile materials to fire
SC9 Textile machinery and accessories
GT1 Folded and texturised yarns
GT3 Fishing nets and cordage
GT6 Tapes and slings
GT8 Children's clothing safety measures
It is associated with the following CEN (European Standardization Committee) and ISO (International Standardization Organization) commitees:CEN/WS62 Superfine wool labelling. Codes of practice
CEN/TC 120 Sacks for the transport of food aids
CEN/TC 134 Textile coating and resilient flooring
CEN/TC 168/WG 3 Chains, hooks, cables, slings and accessories. Safety. Textile slings
CEN/TC 189 Geosynthetics
CEN/TC 214 Textile machinery and accessories
CEN / TC 248 Textiles and textile products
ISO / TC 38 Textiles
ISO / TC 72 Textile machinery and accessories
ISO / TC 133 Size systems and designation for clothing
ISO / TC 219 Floor coating
ISO / TC 221 Geosynthetics